Monday, March 10, 2008

My Name Is Eliot Spitzer, And I Like Whores.

I'm sure we've all heard the news. New York Governor Eliot Spitzer has been linked to a prostitution ring. As "Client 9." He hasn't answered many questions, nor has he addressed the concept that he may resign.

Now, I actually don't care if he wants to pay for it. Seriously. Yeah, it's illegal, and it's not the smartest idea, but really, that's not what bothers me here.

My problem is that this seriously diminishes his credibility. The good things he has done in his career will now forever be overshadowed by his sexcapades.

Politically, I still like him. But now I don't think he'll be effective in any office. Thankfully, Lt. Governor Patterson is politically similar, so if Spitzer resigns, Patterson will be a fine successor.

These are expensive hookers, too. Around $4,000 per hour. I'm in the wrong line of work.



Interestingly enough, he was scheduled to speak at a conference I attended this morning. He had to cancel. He was "called away." I'll post about the conference later. I will say it was an interesting day to be in the NY Capitol building.

No comments: