Thursday, April 3, 2008

Celebrity Moms and Body Image

Denise Richards told Shape magazine she will never talk about weight with her two young daughters. Fortunately for them, body is largely genetic, so they will probably never have weight problems. But I do hope she can stick to this as her daughters grow up, especially if either of them does end up gaining weight. I also hope other mothers out there follow this example and leave the body comments behind when they talk to their daughters. Plus, Richards has said she won't say "I look fat" in front of her girls because she doesn't want them to emulate any insecurities. Which is another thing all moms should think about. I am 24 years old and still when I hear my mom say she is fat I wonder what I am, being a few clothing sizes larger than her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen!